About Me

My photo
My name is Ninni. I'm from Helsinki, Finland and decided to move across the seas to explore the wonders of The Gold Coast, Australia. This is my story...

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mexican yoga.

In Mermaid Beach, only 10 minutes by bike away from my place, there's the Australian School of Meditation and Yoga. They provide various free yoga and meditation classes throughout the week held by students of the school. And even the ones that cost are only $5! Great for a student budget. I've been taking classes there for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. Rhona even gave me a pair of burgundy colored yoga pants she had bought and never really used.

The first time I went to yoga here was with Jussi Vanninen, yet another Finnish addition to the Gold Coast, who arrived here 15 October. Welcome, great to have you here! Looking forward to more adventures with you and next time I'll make sure I can join the camping trip.

Jussi turned 18 (+10) on Friday and held a Mexican feast the night before. About 30 friends of Jussis and his housemates (Eve, Kath and Paulie) showed up with various dishes of Mexican food and drinks. Since I only found out about the party two days before, I didn't have time to get ingredients and make a dish so I brought an Aussie feta-spinach-bread-thingy and a dessert bread, kinda like the Finnish wiener bread.
The funniest present given was probably the Shot Bucket. A plastic bucket with 28 different liqueur shots (really sweet ones), each with a rip-off cover and ready to drink. They were a success, especially with Jussi who probably had 15 of the 28...
Thank you for a great party and take care in the outback guys!



 The birthday cake.
 Jussi blowing out the candles.
 Can you tell what the blueberry-nut shape represents?

 Jussi, Matthew(Canadian), Mathias (Brazilian) and me having shots.
 Sanna (Finnish) choosing her shot. ft. Lasse and Jussi.
 We had live music. Sweet jammin'.
 The coolest shoes in a long time. Demi, I thought of you when I saw them <3
 Cheers!

 Sanna with her fab cam.

 "I'm the Birthday boy, I can do whatever the f*** I want" :D
Eve :)
Paulie.
And to sum it up, Mexican yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment