About Me

My photo
My name is Ninni. I'm from Helsinki, Finland and decided to move across the seas to explore the wonders of The Gold Coast, Australia. This is my story...

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Kerry's birthday party.

5th November
This Saturday was Kerry's 76th birthday party. The party was due to start at 4pm but me and Rhona went to the Crawford's already at noon to help out with preparations. Lena had made all sorts of cute and delicious finger foods which were to be served for the awaited 20 guests. Us "girls" got the mission to drive and get the cake from the bakery and the chicken from IGA (local grocery shop). The voyage to the bakery took us about 20 minutes even though it was only a few minutes away, because Rhona kept getting lost and we ended up at one dead end after the other. At least we've seen all the dead end roads in Bundall, now haven't we ;) And I also learned about the Gold Coast Turf Club as we passed the sign a few times...When we finally got home with the cake and the chicken, Lena asked us where the sausage rolls are? *me and Rhona swearing* and off we went back to the bakery!




The first guest arrived at 4pm on the dot! It must have been my lucky day because she gave me a present. "Welcome to Australia, Ninni" :)
Kerry's good friend Barry (in orange shirt) held a lovely speech.
 Santiago, the bartender from Colombia.

The next day we had a "left-over breakfast" with the family and spent the rest of the day swimming and sunbathing.
 Lena and Kerry at the BBQ.

Even Stockmann's lakkahillo (Finnish cloud berry jam) had found it's way to the table. I experienced my first 'jam on toast'.

No comments:

Post a Comment