About Me

My photo
My name is Ninni. I'm from Helsinki, Finland and decided to move across the seas to explore the wonders of The Gold Coast, Australia. This is my story...

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

A little hiphop.

Vannia, the peruvian girl in my class, had her 29th birthday 16th September and I decided we have to celebrate that! We took the bus to Broadbeach and went to a mexican restaurant for nachos and sangria. There were two guys playing the guitar and singing in the street, not far from where we were sitting, which kinda completed our celebration. We continued to a club called Envy, which happened to have a hip hop-night. Perfect. There weren’t too many people which made it even better and we danced the night away. 
CumpleaƱos feliz churrita :)


22nd September was the date for my first exams in Anatomy & Physiology and Swedish massage. I was very nervous but it went well and therefore I decided to treat myself with some good music by going to EVE’s concert at The Beer Garden that night.
I had been given a free ticket to the gig by a former student of the Massage Schools of Queensland who was going to perform with his street dance crew at the event. I talked Arttu into coming with me since he’s been saying it’s dangerous for me to move around on my own in Surfers night time... :P
We arrived early to be sure we don’t miss the dance show. Well, like we all know, no show is ever on time and it ended up starting 2,5h later than estimated. There were 5 street crews, a few rappers and a magician show (which was VERY interesting...) to warm up the crowd before EVY EVE hit the stage. And she sure did! The gig took 30 mins and she didn’t perform even ONE song from beginning to end...Nevertheless, we enjoyed the concert and I must say it felt good to hear some classics from my childhood.
Feel me? ;)


Before the concert there was a photographer who wanted to take a picture of us but I kindly declined. Well, that didn’t help since there were 7 others in line to stalk us innocent out-goer’s. In the end one persistent lady took our picture. “Great! Now I’m gona be on some stupid partypictures.com site...”, I thought. I wish! Instead I found our picture and names in a full page story about the gig on the social pages in Saturdays Gold Coast Bulletin (newspaper like Helsingin sanomat)!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment