About Me

My photo
My name is Ninni. I'm from Helsinki, Finland and decided to move across the seas to explore the wonders of The Gold Coast, Australia. This is my story...

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Moving day & Rhona's b'day!

After enjoying my stay at Lena's & Kerry's for the first 4 days it was time for me to move in to my new home at my cousin Rhona. She lives in the suburb of Mermaid Waters. This saturday also happened to be Rhona's birthday and we were obviously going to celebrate that. We went to the Arts Center to see a privet rehearsal of the Pyjamas in Paradise- musical. It was hilarious and we only got to see bits and pieces of it so we decided we'll go see it when they play for real as well.
Me at the show.
My aunt Lena.

Our night continued to a new greek restaurant called Mecca Bah, http://meccabah.net/goldcoast/ , located in Broadbeach. I really liked the food and the atmosphere there and would definitely go again. The only negative thing was that they didn't have their own facilities and one would have to cross the street to go to the toilet. Besides that, we had a lovely dinner with family and Rhona's friends Sara, Hamish and Tim! After dinner, my finnish friend Arttu joined us at the restaurant. It was really nice catching up with him after a long time :) Apparently a famous Aussie football player, Nathan Bock, introduced himself at some point during the night but I just don't recall at all... ;) For some reason and with whatever bluff-techniques Rhona managed to cut the whole taxi line (there was like 100 people in it) and me, Rhona and Arttu were on our way home. We had a whole lot of some weird Japanese vodka up 'til 4.30am and stayed up talking even later. What a great introduction to the Australian party life that was for me! Sunday was a couch and movie day.
 Birthday girl!
Kerry with Arttu's hat :D
 Mecca Bah.
Food at Mecca Bah.
The sunday tasottava aka equalizer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment